Troubleshoot issues related to SIM card not detected or cannot be read on your alcatel Dawn
This article helps troubleshoot SIM card not detected or cannot be read error on your alcatel Dawn
You may have SIM card detection or reading issues if your phone:
- Does not detect the SIM card
- Cannot read the SIM card
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed.
Perform a soft reset.
- Press and hold the Power key until the phone powers off.
- Once the phone is powered off, press and hold the Power key to turn the phone back on.
Remove the SIM card, clean the SIM slot and reinsert the SIM card.
- Remove the SIM (UICC) Card.
- Clean the SIM card slot and SIM card of any loose debris or dirt using a soft lint free cloth or compressed air.
- Reinsert the SIM card.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
If you're still having issues, please select your provider to contact Customer Care: