Troubleshoot issues related to activation, unable to activate on your alcatel ONETOUCH Dawn
This article helps troubleshoot activation issues on your alcatel Dawn
You may have activation issues if your phone:
- Does not complete hand-free activation
- Has trouble activating
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed.
Verify airplane mode is turned off on the alcatel Dawn™.
- Swipe down the Status bar.
- Swipe down again to open the Quick Settings menu.
- If needed, tap to disable Airplane mode.
Note: When disabled, the icon will be dark grey with a line though it.
Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your alcatel Dawn has low signal strength, see if your location is the within wireless provider coverage area. Depending on your service provider, you can access the coverage map via http://www.Boostmobile.com/coverage/ or http://www.VirginMobileUSA.com/check-cell-phone-coverage.
If your phone is in a 4G LTE coverage area, make sure 4G LTE is enabled.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Press and hold the Power key until the phone powers off.
- Once the phone is powered off, press and hold the Power key to turn the phone back on.
Reset your connection to the Nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network.
Note: Resetting your connection does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Tap the Keypad button.
- Dial ##72786#.
- Tap Yes. Your phone will restart.
- After it restarts, your phone automatically starts Hands Free Activation.
- After Hands Free Activation completes, your phone is ready to be used.
If you're still having issues, please select your provider to contact Customer Care: