Troubleshoot issues related to making and receiving calls on your LG G2
This article helps troubleshoot making or receiving calls on your LG G2.
You may have issues with calls if you have:
- A low signal strength
- Trouble making or receiving calls
- Frequently dropped calls
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- If Turn off Airplane mode displays, tap Turn off Airplane mode.
Update the PRL.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap System updates.
- Tap Update PRL and wait until it completes.
- Tap OK.
Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your LG G2 has low signal strength, see if your location is within Boost Mobile voice coverage on the Boost Mobile coverage map.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your LG G2 to the Boost Mobile network.
- Press and hold the Power key for about 10 seconds, until the phone powers off.
- Release the Power key as soon as the device restarts.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG G2 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Boost Customer Care.