Troubleshoot shortened battery life on your Alcatel GO FLIP
This article helps you troubleshoot battery life issues on your Alcatel GO FLIP
You may have battery issues if:
- Your Alcatel GO FLIP consistently displays a low charge
- The battery drains quickly
Try each of these steps to see if it helps your charge last longer.
Adjust your phone settings to conserve battery.
Verify that your Alcatel GO FLIP is running the most recent software.
Safely remove your SD card.
- Remove the back cover of the phone, starting from the notch at the lower left corner.
- Remove the battery, starting from the notch at the upper right.
- Locate the microSD card in the upper right of the battery compartment.
- Slide the microSD card out of the slot, depressing the retaining tab if needed.
- Reinsert the battery, making sure to align the gold contacts on the battery with those on the phone.
- Reattach the back cover of the phone, pressing around the edges to snap it into place.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your phone back on.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Press and hold the Power key until the phone powers off.
- Press and hold the Power key to power the phone back on.
Verify that your charger is working properly.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.Boostmobile.com or VirginMobileUSA.com.
- Connect your phone to your charger.
- Verify that the Battery icon at the top of the screen displays the Charging icon.
- If the battery is not charging, troubleshoot charging issues.
If you still have a battery issue, please review these FAQs or select your provider to contact Customer Care: