Troubleshoot charging issues on your Boost Max
This article helps troubleshoot charging issues on your Boost Max.
You may have charging issues if your Boost Max™
- Doesn't charge
- Charges slowly
Try each of these steps if your phone has charging issues.
Verify that your phone and charging port are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Please contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that your Boost Max can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your Boost Max does not turn on, please contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that your charger is working.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.boostmobile.com.
- Connect your phone to your charger.
- From within Boost Zone, swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap Battery Status.
- Verify that the battery status is Charging.
Verify that your Boost Max is running the most recent software.
- In Boost Zone, swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap System Updates.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap System settings.
- Scroll to and tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount external SD card.
- Tap OK.
- Remove the SD card.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Press and hold the Power key until your phone restarts.