Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth and your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate
You may have Bluetooth® issues if your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate™ is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate is compatible with Bluetooth v4.0 and supports the following protocols:
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- File Transfer Profile (FTP)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- Hold it for approximately 10 seconds, until the screen goes blank and the Alcatel splash screen appears.
- Release the Power button.
Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.