Troubleshoot when your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate doesn't turn on
You may have this issue if your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate™:
- Doesn't turn on
- Starts to turn on but restarts or shuts down before it turns on completely
Try each of these steps if your phone doesn't turn on.
Verify that your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate has a sufficient charge.
- Connect your original charger to your phone.
- After a few minutes, try to turn on your phone.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully inspect and clean the gold contacts using a cotton swab or dry soft cloth.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that you are using a compatible charger.
You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.boostmobile.com.
Verify that your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate does not turn on, please contact Boost Customer Care.
If your Alcatel ONETOUCH Elevate does turn on, verify that it is running the most recent software.
- From the home screen, tap Boost Zone.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap System Updates.
- Tap Device Software.
- If prompted to select how to complete this action, choose System updates - JUST ONCE, not Google Play services.
- Tap the Refresh icon.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.