Troubleshoot issues related to multimedia messages (MMS) on your LG Tribute
This article helps troubleshoot sending or receiving multimedia messages.
You may have this issue if your phone is unable to:
- Send or receive multimedia messages (messages with pictures, video or audio)
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- From the Connections tab, tap More networks.
- Tap Mobile networks.
- Tap to check Mobile data.
Verify your LG Tribute® is connected to the Boost Mobile data network using Boost Zone.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon, then tap Boost Zone.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Boost network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the Data Profile.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap Network.
- Tap Update Profile.
- After the update is complete, tap OK.
If your LG Tribute still can't connect to data, troubleshoot data connectivity .
Do you see an error message that says the media file is too large?
Try reducing the size of the file with a compatible editing program available in Google Play Store™.
You can also try to send the file via email. Email providers usually have a higher file size limit.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your LG Tribute to the Boost Mobile network.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery. After 10 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG Tribute is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.