Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your LG Tribute 2
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your LG Tribute 2
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- If Turn off Airplane mode displays, tap Turn off Airplane mode.
Verify your LG Tribute 2 is connected to the Boost Mobile network using Boost Zone.
- Access Boost Zone.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap the Refresh icon if Device Diagnostics does not load.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Boost network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the PRL.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap Network.
- Tap Network PRL.
- After the update is complete, tap OK.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your LG Tribute 2 to the Boost Mobile network.
- Leave the phone powered on.
- Remove the battery. After 10 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your LG Tribute 2?
If your LG Tribute 2 is active and you've never been able to text, contact Boost Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG Tribute 2 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.