Troubleshoot charging issues on your Motorola XPRT
This article helps troubleshoot charging issues on your Motorola XPRT.
You may have charging issues if your Motorola XPRT
- Doesn't charge
- Charges slowly
Try each of these steps if your phone has charging issues.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully clean and inspect the gold contacts on both the battery and on your phone.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Please contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that your Motorola XPRT can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your Motorola XPRT does not turn on, please contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that your charger is working.
Connect your phone to your charger and see if the charging icon displays.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.boostmobile.com.
Verify that your Motorola XPRT is running the most recent software.There may be a software update that improves battery life on your phone. Check for software updates.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap the Launcher icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
- Remove the SD card.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.