Troubleshoot shortened battery life on your Apple iPhone 4s
This article helps you troubleshoot battery life issues on your Apple iPhone 4s.
You may have battery issues if:
- Your Apple® iPhone® 4s consistently displays a low charge
- The battery drains quickly
Try each of these steps to see if it helps your charge last longer.
Change the power settings.
You can improve battery life by adjusting the power settings on your phone.
Close background applications.
Some apps continue to run in the background after you exit them. Boost Mobile recommends that you close background applications when you're not using them.
Verify that your Apple iPhone 4s is running the most recent software.
There may be a software update that improves battery life on your phone. Check for software updates.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Press and hold the Power key and Home key.
- Release both keys when the screen goes black.
- Then press and hold the Power key until your Apple iPhone 4s restarts.
Verify that your charger is working.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.boostmobile.com.
- Connect your phone to your charger and see if the charging icon displays.
- If the charging icon does not display, troubleshoot charging issues.