Troubleshoot when your Apple iPhone 4s slows, freezes, or turns off unexpectedly
This article helps troubleshoot your Apple iPhone 4s slowing, freezing, or turning off unexpectedly.
You may have performance issues if your Apple® iPhone® 4s:
- Performs slowly
- Turns off or unexpectedly restarts
- Displays error messages
- Is unable to install or update applications
Try each of these steps to see if it helps improve your phone's performance.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Press and hold the Power key and Home key.
- Release both keys when the screen goes black.
- Then press and hold the Power key until your Apple iPhone 4s restarts.
Determine if your phone has low memory.
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap General.
- Tap Storage & iCloud Usage.
- If your phone has low memory, troubleshoot low memory issues.
Close background applications.
Some apps continue to run in the background after you exit them. Boost Mobile recommends that you close background applications when you're not using them.
Verify that your Apple iPhone 4s is running the most recent software.
There may be a software update that improves battery life on your phone. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.