Troubleshoot charging issues on your BlackBerry Curve 9310
This article helps troubleshoot charging issues on your BlackBerry Curve 9310.
You may have charging issues if your BlackBerry® Curve™ 9310
- Doesn't charge
- Charges slowly
Try each of these steps if your phone has charging issues.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully clean and inspect the gold contacts on both the battery and on your phone.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Please contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that your BlackBerry Curve 9310 can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your BlackBerry Curve 9310 does not turn on, please contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that your charger is working.
Connect your phone to your charger and see if the charging icon displays.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.boostmobile.com.
Verify that your BlackBerry Curve 9310 is running the most recent software.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, scroll to the All tray, and press the trackpad.
- Scroll to Options, and press the trackpad.
- Scroll to Device, and press the trackpad.
- Scroll to Storage, and press the trackpad.
- Press the Menu key.
- Scroll to Safely Remove Media Card, and press the trackpad.
- Remove the SD card.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.