Troubleshoot issues related to making and receiving calls on your alcatel Dawn
This article helps troubleshoot making or receiving calls on your alcatel Dawn
You may have issues with calls if you have:
- A low signal strength
- Trouble making or receiving calls
- Frequently dropped calls
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- Swipe down the Status bar.
- Swipe down again to open the Quick Settings menu.
- If needed, tap to disable Airplane mode.
Note: When disabled, the icon will be dark grey with a line though it.
Verify your alcatel Dawn™ is connected to the Nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network using Boost Zone (Boost) or My Account (Virgin Mobile).
- From the home screen, tap Boost Zone (Boost) or My Account (Virgin Mobile).
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the PRL.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap Network.
- Tap Network PRL.
- After the update is complete, tap OK.
Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your alcatel Dawn has low signal strength, see if your location is within wireless provider coverage. Depending on your service provider, you can access the coverage map via http://www.Boostmobile.com/coverage/ or http://www.VirginMobileUSA.com/check-cell-phone-coverage.
If your phone is in a 4G LTE coverage area, make sure 4G LTE is enabled.
Reset your connection to the Nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network.
Note: Resetting your connection does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Tap the Keypad button.
- Dial ##72786#.
- Tap Yes. Your phone will restart.
- After it restarts, your phone automatically starts Hands Free Activation.
- After Hands Free Activation completes, your phone is ready to be used.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your alcatel Dawn is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please select your provider to contact Customer Care: