Troubleshoot when your Kyocera DuraShock slows, freezes, or turns off unexpectedly
This article helps troubleshoot your Kyocera DuraShock slowing, freezing, or turning off unexpectedly.
You may have performance issues if your Kyocera DuraShock:
- Performs slowly
- Turns off or unexpectedly restarts
- Displays error messages
- Is unable to install or update applications
Try each of these steps to see if it helps improve your phone's performance.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Determine if your phone has low memory.
- From the home screen, press the OK key.
- Scroll to Settings, then press the OK key.
- Scroll to Phone Info, then press the OK key.
- Scroll to Memory Status, then press the OK key.
- The amount of available memory is displayed.
- If your phone has low memory, troubleshoot low memory issues.
Close background applications.
Some apps continue to run in the background after you exit them. Boost Mobile recommends that you close background applications when you're not using them.
Verify that your Kyocera DuraShock is running the most recent software.
There may be a software update that improves battery life on your phone. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.