Troubleshoot when your LG G3 doesn't turn on
This article helps troubleshoot your LG G3 not turning on
You may have this issue if your LG G3:
- Doesn't turn on
- Starts to turn on but restarts or shuts down before it turns on completely
Try each of these steps if your phone doesn't turn on.
Verify that your LG G3 has a sufficient charge.
- Connect your original charger to your phone.
- After a few minutes, try to turn on your phone.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully inspect and clean the gold contacts using a cotton swab or dry soft cloth.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that you are using a compatible charger.
You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.boostmobile.com.
Verify that your LG G3 can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your LG G3 does not turn on, please contact Boost Customer Care.
If your LG G3 does turn on, verify that it is running the most recent software.
- From the home screen, tap Boost Zone.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- If Device Diagnostics does not display, tap the Refresh icon.
- Tap System Updates.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap CHECK FOR UPDATE.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.