Troubleshoot issues related to activation, unable to activate on your LG G Stylo
This article helps troubleshoot activation issues on your LG G Stylo
You may have activation issues if your phone:
- Does not complete hand-free activation
- Has trouble activating
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If you have uncovered an issue that you can't fix, contact Boost Customer Care for more help.
Verify airplane mode is turned off on the LG G Stylo™.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- If Turn off Airplane mode displays, tap Turn off Airplane mode to disable airplane mode.
Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your LG G Stylo has low signal strength, see if your location is within Boost Mobile network coverage on the Boost Mobile coverage map.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- With the phone powered on, remove the battery.
- After 10 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Update the PRL
Keeping your Preferred Roaming List (PRL) up-to-date can improve your network coverage.
- From the home screen, swipe down the status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- In the General tab, scroll to and tap System updates.
- Tap Update PRL and wait until it completes.
- Tap OK.
Update the data profile
If this is not the first time activating your phone or hands-free activation did not complete successfully, update the data profile.
Reset network connection
If the activation methods above did not work, reset your network connection.
If you're still having issues contact Boost Customer Care for more help.