Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your LG G Stylo
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your LG G Stylo
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- If Turn off Airplane mode displays, tap Turn off Airplane mode to disable Airplane mode.
Verify your LG G Stylo™ is connected to the Boost Mobile voice network using Boost Zone.
- From the home screen, tap Boost Zone.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Boost voice network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the PRL.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap Network.
- Tap Network PRL.
- After the update is complete, tap OK.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your LG G Stylo to the Boost Mobile network.
- With the phone powered on, remove the battery.
- After 10 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your LG G Stylo?
If your LG G Stylo is active and you've never been able to text, contact Boost Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG G Stylo is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.