Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your Kyocera Hydro Reach
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your Kyocera Hydro Reach
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- If Airplane mode is ON displays, tap Airplane mode.
Verify your Kyocera Hydro Reach is connected to the Nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network using Boost Zone (Boost) or My Account (Virgin Mobile).
- From the home screen, tap Boost Zone (Boost) or My Account (Virgin Mobile).
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the PRL.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap Network.
- Tap Network PRL.
- After the update is complete, tap OK.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Kyocera Hydro Reach to the Nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network.
- Press and hold the Power key until the phone turns off.
- The phone will restart automatically.
Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Kyocera Hydro Reach?
If your Kyocera Hydro Reach is active and you've never been able to text, please select your provider to contact Customer Care:
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Kyocera Hydro Reach is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Customer Care.