Troubleshoot when your Boost Max doesn't turn on
This article helps troubleshoot your Boost Max not turning on.
You may have this issue if your Boost Max™:
- Doesn't turn on
- Starts to turn on but restarts or shuts down before it turns on completely
Try each of these steps if your phone doesn't turn on.
Verify that your Boost Max has a sufficient charge.
- Connect your original charger to your phone.
- After a few minutes, try to turn on your phone.
Verify that your phone and charging port are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that you are using a compatible charger.
You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.boostmobile.com.
Verify that your Boost Max can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your Boost Max does not turn on, please contact Boost Customer Care.
If your phone does turn on, verify that it is running the most recent software.
- In Boost Zone, swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap System Updates.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.