Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your ZTE Max +
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your ZTE Max +
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- If Airplane mode is ON displays, tap Airplane mode to turn it OFF.
Verify your ZTE Max + is connected to the Boost Mobile network using Boost Zone.
- From the home screen, tap Boost Zone.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Boost network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the PRL.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap Network.
- Tap Network PRL.
- After the update is complete, tap OK.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your ZTE Max + to the Boost Mobile network.
- Press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds.
- When the screen turns off, release the Power button.
Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your ZTE Max +?
If your ZTE Max + is active and you've never been able to text, contact Boost Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your ZTE Max + is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.