Troubleshoot issues related to low internal memory on your LG Realm
This article helps you troubleshoot low internal memory issues on your LG Realm.
You may have low internal memory issues if your phone is:
- Displaying low memory error messages
- Unable to install applications
- Freezing or unresponsive
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Low memory issues can arise when you have too many applications on your LG Realm or when you need to clear your application cache.
Verify you have available memory using Boost Zone.
The Boost Zone application can help identify the cause of low memory issues.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon, then tap Boost Zone.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap Storage.
- Refer to Total Available Storage in the Overview section to determine if your phone has low memory.
Uninstall unused applications.
Boost Mobile recommends that you uninstall unused applications when possible. It helps free up internal memory and can improve device performance.
Note: Your LG Realm™ comes with some pre-installed applications that you can't uninstall.
Clear application cache.
Each application has a cache of temporary files that may be taking up memory.
Try clearing the application cache from your larger applications to free up space.
Continue to clear the cache on the rest of your apps.
You may not be able to clear the cache for every application.
Rarely, an application may not function as expected afterward.
Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.
- If you clear the application data, you remove your personal settings and info such as login information and high scores.
- If you clear the application cache, you don't remove your personal settings or information.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Apps.
- Tap the All tab.
- Scroll to and tap the preferred application.
- Tap Clear cache.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files and can potentially free up internal memory.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG Realm is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.