Troubleshoot issues related to making and receiving calls on your LG Realm
This article helps troubleshoot making or receiving calls on your LG Realm.
You may have issues with calls if you have:
- A low signal strength
- Trouble making or receiving calls
- Frequently dropped calls
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- If Airplane mode is on, tap Turn off Airplane mode.
Verify your LG Realm™ is connected to the Boost Mobile voice network using Boost Zone.
Be sure your LG Realm is connected to the Boost Mobile voice network to make or receive calls.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon, then tap Boost Zone.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Boost voice network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the PRL.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap Network.
- Tap Network PRL.
- After the update is complete, tap OK.
Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your LG Realm has low signal strength, see if your location is within Boost Mobile voice coverage on the Boost Mobile coverage map.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your LG Realm to the Boost Mobile network.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG Realm is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Boost Customer Care.