Troubleshoot charging issues on your LG Tribute
This article helps troubleshoot charging issues on your LG Tribute.
You may have charging issues if your LG Tribute
- Doesn't charge
- Charges slowly
Try each of these steps if your phone has charging issues.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully inspect and clean the gold contacts using a cotton swab or dry soft cloth.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Please contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that your LG Tribute can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your LG Tribute does not turn on, please contact Boost Customer Care.
Verify that your charger is working.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.boostmobile.com.
- Connect your phone to your charger.
- From within Boost Zone, swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap Battery Status.
- Verify that the battery status is Charging.
Verify that your LG Tribute is running the most recent software.
- In Boost Zone, swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap System Updates.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
- Remove the SD card.