Troubleshoot call volume on your LG Tribute 2
This article helps troubleshoot in-call sound quality on your LG Tribute 2
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify the volume is turned up.
The volume for voice calls can be adjusted only when you are on a voice call. To turn up the volume, first make a call. After the call is answered, press the Volume up key until the preferred volume is reached.
Verify your LG Tribute 2 is connected to the Boost Mobile network using Boost Zone.
- Access Boost Zone.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap the Refresh icon if Device Diagnostics does not load.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Boost network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the PRL.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap Network.
- Tap Network PRL.
- After the update is complete, tap OK.
Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your phone has low signal strength, see if your location is within Boost Mobile voice coverage on the Boost Mobile coverage map.
Perform a soft reset.
Performing a soft reset will restart your phone and close this guide.
- Leave the phone powered on.
- Remove the battery. After 10 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG Tribute 2 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.