Troubleshoot charging issues on your LG Tribute 5
This article helps troubleshoot charging issues on your LG Tribute 5
You may have charging issues if your LG Tribute 5
- Doesn't charge
- Charges slowly
Try each of these steps if your phone has charging issues.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully inspect and clean the gold contacts using a cotton swab or dry soft cloth.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. please select your provider to contact Customer Care:
Verify that your LG Tribute 5 can power on.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- If your LG Tribute 5 does not turn on, please contact Customer Care.
Verify that your charger is working properly.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.Boostmobile.com or VirginMobileUSA.com.
- Connect your phone to your charger.
- From the home screen, tap Boost Zone (Boost) or My Account(Virgin Mobile).
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap Battery Status.
- Verify that the battery status is Charging.
Verify that your LG Tribute 5 is running the most recent software.
- In Boost Zone (Boost) or My Account (Virgin Mobile), swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap System Updates.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap CHECK FOR UPDATE.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Swipe to and tap Settings.
- From the General tab, scroll to and tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the back cover of the phone, starting from the slot located at the lower left.
- Remove the SD card.
- Reinsert the back cover.
- Turn your phone back on.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- With the phone powered on, remove the back cover of the phone, starting from the slot located at the lower left.
- Remove the battery.
- After 10 seconds, reinsert the battery and replace the back cover.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your phone back on.
If you're still having issues, please troubleshoot battery life or select your provider to contact Customer Care: