Troubleshoot when your LG Venice slows, freezes, or turns off unexpectedly
This article helps troubleshoot your LG Venice slowing, freezing, or turning off unexpectedly.
You may have performance issues if your LG Venice™:
- Performs slowly
- Turns off or unexpectedly restarts
- Displays error messages
- Is unable to install or update applications
Try each of these steps to see if it helps improve your phone's performance.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
- Tap OK.
- Remove the SD card.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Use Boost Zone to determine if your phone has low memory.
- From the home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Boost Zone.
- Tap My Device.
- Tap Dashboard.
- Tap Storage.
- Refer to the Overview section and determine if your phone has low memory.
- If your phone has low memory, troubleshoot low memory issues.
Clear the application cache.
- Clear the application cache on your applications to free up space and improve performance.
- Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.
- When you clear the application data, it removes your personal settings and info such as login information and high scores.
- Clearing the application cache doesn't remove your personal settings or information.
- In Boost Zone, tap the Storage dashboard.
- Tap App Storage.
- Tap an application.
- Tap Clear cache.
Close or uninstall applications.
- Some apps run in the background when you are not using them.
- Also, some apps consume more energy than others.
- Some apps come pre-loaded on your phone and you can't uninstall them.
- In the Power Usage dashboard, tap Battery Usage.
- Tap the application you want to close or uninstall.
- Close (turn off) an application: Tap Force stop.
- Uninstall (remove from phone) an application: Tap App info, Uninstall, and then OK.
Verify that your LG Venice is running the most recent software.
- Tap the System Updates dashboard.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
If you're still having issues, contact Boost Customer Care.